As you would expect, high-quality new windows do not require nearly as much attention and maintenance as older windows. However, even if your windows are still relatively new, it’s important to pay attention to their function and provide them with the necessary maintenance. To that end, this new windows company in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin is going to provide some tips below on how to properly care for your windows.
First and foremost, if you want to know how to care for your windows, you can always reach out to your new windows company in Menomonee Fall, Wisconsin for some guidance. They can provide you with a printed user manual, how-to window care videos, or suggest a step-by-step approach to maintaining your windows. Furthermore, here is some information on how to care for different types of windows:
- Make sure your wooden windows have a high-quality paint job and finish.
- Clean the window screen with a mild cleanser, and always use a soft cloth or brush for cleaning.
- Rinse with clean water, allow it to dry, and get rid of water pooling anywhere near the window.
- The outside of the window is just as important. So, use a dry cloth and dust away any accumulating debris. Remember to be gentle and never scrape off any dirt, as it could damage the paint.
Fiberglass and Vinyl Windows
- When cleaning vinyl or fiberglass windows, make sure you test the cleaner first in an inconspicuous spot to make sure it works well and is safe on your windows. You don’t want to move on to cleaning all your windows only to realize the cleaner is causing issues.
- Use a gentle cloth and some warm water to clean the window. Also, make sure to dry the windows thoroughly.
What Else Should You Know?
Here are a few additional window maintenance and safety tips to keep in mind:
- Replace cracked windows as soon as you can to avoid energy loss.
- Apply fresh caulking to maximize energy efficiency indoors.
- Keep an eye on condensation between the glass panes, as this often indicates deteriorating insulation.
- Never use anything abrasive to clean the glass or the window frame.
- Do not wash the window glass under direct sunlight.
- Do not lean against the window when cleaning it from the outside, as it could potentially crack or shatter.
- If there are certain windows in your home that are difficult to reach, you can always contact your local new windows company in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin for assistance.
Window maintenance doesn’t have to be complicated. If you stay up to date with your maintenance efforts, its upkeep will become much easier. Many homeowners find it helpful to create an ongoing maintenance calendar and add the following to the checklist:
- Keep an eye on the weather stripping on all your windows.
- Vacuum the window tracks occasionally to make sure there’s no buildup that could impact the window’s functionality.
- Lubricate all hardware once every year to keep them working smoothly.
- Ensure the weep holes aren’t pooling or collecting water.
Your local new windows company in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin can help you create a checklist that’s specific to the type of windows you have. However, if you notice any indoor drafts, increasing energy bills, condensation, broken glass, or inoperable windows, it may be time for a replacement.
Looking for a New Windows Company in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin?
To get the most out of your windows, you should always follow the care instructions provided by your window manufacturer. In addition, following our tips above can also help extend the lifespan of your new windows.
Do you need help maintaining your windows? Need to have new windows installed? In either case, if you’re looking for a new windows company in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, look no further than the team at WASCO Windows. We supply and install high-quality, energy-efficient, contemporary windows for homeowners throughout the Menomonee Falls area and beyond. Ready to get started? Contact us today to learn how we can help.