When it’s time to replace old windows, some homeowners visit their local home improvement store and pick new windows that looks nice and fit their budget. It is convenient, but it’s not always the best option for everyone. Instead, some homeowners choose to partner with a replacement windows company in Oshkosh, Wisconsin that can help them pick out and install the right windows for their home.
Before you decide on a type of window, you should ask yourself if it suits your home’s aesthetics, fits your budget, and provides the necessary functionality and protection — but that’s not all. Below, this replacement windows company in Oshkosh, Wisconsin is going to provide a list of questions you should ask before replacing your windows.
Key Questions to Ask Before Replacing Your Windows
Replacing your windows can be a major home improvement project, and there are several factors you’ll want to consider before you make a choice. As you go through the decision-making process, here is a list of questions you’ll want to address with your replacement windows company in Oshkosh, Wisconsin to make sure you end up with the best option:
- What are the different (and popular) window materials available in the market? What are their pros and cons (wooden, aluminum, vinyl, and fiberglass windows, for example)?
- What types of replacement windows may be suitable for your Oshkosh home (double-hung, casement, picture, or European windows, for example)?
- How much do replacement windows cost?
- How can you determine if it is a high-quality window and will last you as promised by the manufacturer?
- Should you hire a professional installer rather than attempting the work yourself?
- Is your chosen replacement windows company in Oshkosh, Wisconsin licensed, insured, and knowledgeable?
- How can you benefit from an expert installation over a DIY installation?
- Can the company offer you a written estimate with a clear cost breakdown?
- Is the company willing to provide references?
- What size windows should you order?
- Can the company take care of the measurements for you?
- What does the replacement window installation process look like?
- What are the warranty/guarantee policies that come with the windows?
- How long do replacement windows typically last?
- How will the local climate impact the performance of the new windows?
- What should you expect when the installers arrive at your home?
- Do any tax rebates apply when replacing your home’s windows?
- How can you determine whether the window installation was done correctly?
- What special features can enhance the functionality of your windows (a turdy frame, durable locking mechanism, or double/triple-paned glass, for example)?
- Should you replace all windows at once, or take on the project in small sections?
- How can you care for your windows after the installation is complete?
In addition to asking the questions listed above, you should also watch out for red flags from the company. These may include pressure selling, a lack of experience, unbelievably low pricing, and more. It’s best to weigh the pros and cons will help you partner with the right replacement windows company in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Looking for the Best Replacement Windows Company in Oshkosh, Wisconsin?
Replacing your home’s windows isn’t an easy task. As you go through the process, it’s important that you ask all the necessary questions and get the clarification you’re looking for. Are you ready to start the process? If so, and if you’re looking for the best replacement windows company in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, WASCO Windows is the company to call. Contact us today to schedule a free in-home consultation with our experts.